Sunday, September 30, 2007

Lindsay & Joel

I met Lindsay and Joel through Lindsay's mom, Denise... whom I was honored to have in one of the classes I teach at SCC.

Their big day finally arrived, and went off without a hitch!




I love when we find silly things and people aren't afraid to have some fun with it... :)

This shot is extra fun because of the extreme angle... and complete unawareness of the camera.

We played on the escalators for quite awhile, while an audience of family and friends cheered them on.

Little man anxiously awaiting his moment of bubble blowing fame...

First dance...

OK- so as we were arriving at the Cornhusker for the reception, Joel tells me he really wants a photo a la the cover of the Reservoir Dogs... Just for fun. This one is for him!

It's not uncommon as I'm packing up my gear to head home for the night, members of the wedding party, family, and/or other guests come up to me and say, "Don't leave! Stay and party with us!"

To me, that is a compliment of the highest degree. It means that I'm not just someone who is there providing a service, but that I'm actually part of the celebration. It means that they all had a good time and think of me as a friend, not just a photographer. That... my friends, is what it's all about.

Thank you to everyone involved with Lindsay and Joel's wedding. It was an honor!

No comments: