Thursday, April 24, 2008

Black Bean Yumminess

For the past few weeks I've lived on nothing but yogurt, chewy pretzels, immitation Crystal Light, and Fiber One granola bars (OMG... SO GOOD!). With no time to cook, my meals have been replaced with.... snacks. How lame! I need a real meal!

So yesterday, I got creative with the contents of our refrigerator and whipped up these black bean tostadas, and STILL managed to finish editing the wedding I was working on. SCORE!



Here's the recipe:

1/2 cup black beans (canned of course! No time to soak!)
2 whole wheat tortillas
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup diced tomatoes (canned and pre-diced.... naturally!)
a fat pinch of fat-free feta cheese

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Heat up a frying pan to warm the beans and garlic.

Put it all together on a tortilla and put in the oven for 6 minutes.

YUM. Bonus: If your a Weight Watchers counter... the whole thing (2 tortillas!) was only a whopping 3 points!

No comments: